let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Parksville, Qualicum and Lasquieti Island
Walk on waterfront, southern exposure, deep water moorage for your boat with a 'cute as a button' 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom cottage on the sunny side of Maple Bay! This fabulous, south facing beach is safe for little kids to play & explore, it's warm for swimming, great for kayaks & row boats. A comfortable cottage, sunny & bright with sliding glass doors onto a big deck & barbeque area for covered outdoor entert...
Excellent value here & the only inland residential property available on Lasqueti Island right now! Private, treed 10 acre parcel of land with a 1300 sqft home nestled above a bubbling creek for potential 'off grid' winter power. A picturesque spot w/lots of trees, maple, fir, cedar, hemlock & graceful arbutus; maple trees line the driveway & are vibrantly colorful in the fall. This cozy, west coast contempor...
Spectacular 1 acre waterfront property with panoramic ocean views of Spring Bay, the beach & across from point to point! Gorgeous sunsets at high tide over the bare rocks & Fegan Islands! This very well constructed shingle sided Cape Cod beauty features 3 big dormer windows, wrap around deck & larger, lower deck overlooking the ocean. On evening sunsets at high tide the sun cascades through spacious windows &...
Bright, spacious corner unit in Ocean View Condominiums with 2 private, sunny balconies! 10'x6' south facing balcony & 16'x6' east facing balcony & ocean view. Conveniently located downtown, close to shopping, amenities & just 3 blocks to Parksville's big, beautiful sandy beach! Recently updated with laminate flooring, paint & window coverings this 2 bed 1 bath condo is absolutely immaculate & well cared ...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Anne Sperling is truly exemplary of the mandate of Pemberton Holmes, demonstrating uncompromising integrity and a commitment to customer service and industry knowledge.
We are so pleased to welcome Anne to the Pemberton Holmes Parksville office where we appreciate her wonderful, bubbly personality; anyone who knows her, knows she embodies the enthusiasm of the very “young-at-heart” and a contagious zest for life! Anne genuinely enjoys helping other people and her clients are fortunate to have her “on their side” as she is hard-working, detail-oriented and diligent in her efforts to ensure successful results for both buyers and sellers.
Anne has been a resident of Vancouver Island for 37 years and a successful real estate agent for 22 years.
The majority of her real estate work is done in the Central Island area, particularly Parksville and Qualicum Beach, and Anne is also known as the “Lasqueti Island Specialist” due to her immense knowledge and expertise of this small piece of paradise just a short ferry ride from the Oceanside area.